I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tackle It Tuesday: Writing and Other Things

I try to stay active on social media, because it is one of my best ways to find out all sorts of information about what is going on in the publishing industry. My favorite places to visit are Twitter and Absolute Write (not including my email subscriptions to Shelf Awareness and Publisher's Lunch, and the publishing blogs I follow on Tumblr).

Why am I telling you all this? Well it has started to affect my writing. But be glad, because it is affecting me in a good way. I am a participant in a thread on the AW forums called "Old People Writing for Teens." In this thread the topic has come around to New Adult fiction. Personally I am a big fan of NA and have several plans for stories in the category. So this conversation has been exciting me. Add to that, I have come in on the ground floor of a great new Facebook group, New Adult Authors Unite, and this has been dragging me even further into my love of NA.

What does all of this mean? I decided to start plotting out an NA mystery that has been n my mind lately. I am still going to be working on my romance, and I don't plan on actually starting the actual writing on what is now tentatively called Murder at G*Con until I have at least most of the story outlined and much more notes written.

I am so excited about this story, even though it probably won't be written until much later this year. Most likely after Song in My Heart is done with the second draft and stuff. But that's all that has really been going on with me. This is my one week of summer vacation. I finished a class last Friday and am starting two more Monday that will continue until early August, but after that I will officially be a college grad!

Do you guys ever have an idea that just won't let you go until it gets written?

2 comments:

  1. I've had this idea for a story nagging at me for what seems like forever. But I'm so dedicated to finishing my current WIP that I just can't do it! I'm thinking about jotting down an outline so that I won't forget any major parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way right now. This mystery idea is still in the plotting phase and I don't plan on actually working on it until my current WIP is resting between the first and second draft. For now I will just jot down every idea I get about the story.

      Delete