I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Friday, February 8, 2013

Next Big Thing Blog Hop

So I had a totally different post planned for today, but a couple of great bloggers, Shayla Mist and Amanda Roberts, tagged me for the Next Big Thing Blog Hop. You should really go check out their blogs. I am supposed to talk about one of the books I have published or in progress. Since I have nothing published I picked one of my many WIPs.



What is the working title of your book?
Right now I call my story Song in My Heart


Where did the idea come from for the book?
It started with thoughts of my MC, Jessica. I had visions of a singer with green streaks in her hair and my mind just started building a story behind her.


What is the genre of the book?
The book will be contemporary erotic romance.



Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Oh I never thought about who would play Jessica until now. Maybe Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone, if they dyed their hair brown. Especially when they look like this:

 

For Julian, I have only imagined Daniel Gordh. Specifically how he portrays Darcy in The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

 




What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Singer, Jessica Jones, is pulled back home to be pressured into a marriage for money to the sexy, but irritating computer engineer, Julian Moore.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
There are no publishing plans yet, but I would like to go the traditional route and be represented by an agent and publisher. If that doesn't work out, then self-publishing is fine with me.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
*blush* I am actually still working on the first draft. This story won't see shelves for a while yet.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I think maybe a Nora Roberts book but with more sex.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I have been a sucker for romance novels for as long as I've remembered. I used to sneak my grandmother's old Harlequin romance novels when I was still in elementary school. I don't even know if I am physically capable of writing something without even a dash of romance in it.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Jessica is not a wilting flower. She stands up for what she wants and allows no one to push her around. Julian is much the same, so there will be plenty of head butting going on between the two.


Next on the blog hop will be Musa authors Karen Kennedy Samoranos and Grace Wen.



*I own none of the pictures used in this post

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just started following you and you seem to have some fun things to say. It's always great to find someone with a passion for writing. I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Come on over and see the rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used this award as my Friday post today.

      Delete