I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Series of Series

I mentioned a week or so ago that people in my writing group have convinced me it is okay to work on my fantasy series, because series are in and publishers are more willing to accept them from new author now. It is funny that after that conversation I have seen tons of new articles and blog posts about series. And yes it definitely seems true that series are the new it trend. I had to sit and think about how did I miss this. True I am a broke student and haven't been able to afford to buy non-school related books in a while, but have I been this oblivious?

Now that my blinders are off I can see the trend clearly, The Divergent series, Heist Society, The Hunger Games, Graceling, the list goes on and on. I really had to stop and think where the craze came from.

Once I gave this series of series a thought the reason seemed clear on where the excitement came from. Harry Potter is over Twilight is over, even Hunger Games is over, so it makes sense that authors and publishers are duking it out to see what series will next reign supreme.

This is great to me on twofold. One, I love series, and two I get an excuse to work more heavily on the series that has a grip on my heart.

What are your favorite book series? Mine are a tie between Harry Potter, The Lioness Quartet, and The Jessica Darling series.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I've always been hooked on J.D. Robb's In Death series, but the others are Nalini Singh's Psy-Changelings, Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress and Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark. It's kind of funny to me that my favorite series' are adult paranormal and UF, since I don't review those (maybe that's why they're favorites).

    I have a difficult time sticking with the kind of series' that I review, just because I read so many of them that it's difficult to remember where I was after a while and they come at me so fast. I am looking forward to the second book in a couple of them this year though, so who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read those other series, but I LOVE the In Death series. I am seriously way behind in them though.

      Delete