I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fast Draft

So of my many ambitions for the summer (including my extensive reading list found here, my plans to start working on a comic with my friend, and working full time) I want to finally finish a manuscript. I know, I know. You guys have heard it all from me before. But I will make this time better. My goal is by the end of summer I will be either working on the second draft of an ms or starting on a second story. I want my first draft to be finish by the end of June, before I leave for vacation over the Fourth of July. This will give me time to let the novel sit before diving into revisions.

To help me on my way, I am hoping onto a Fast Draft with some buddies from the New Adult Authors United group I am in on Facebook. In the  fast draft group we all have different goals, but we will all be working on a two week deadline. Now this is a lot more challenging than my usual failed attempts at NaNoWriMo, but I think since I won't be doing school work simultaneously, it may work out better.

My goal is to write 20,000 words during these two weeks. That is an average of a little less than 1,500 words a day. Way more than I usually write. But I really want this to be a time I push myself beyond my limits, creating new limits to later push myself beyond. So you guys should all root for me. If I can meet my goal, I will tell you all a little about what this story is about. (Just a hint it is New Adult fantasy with almost no romance!)

I'm starting the Fast Draft on May 10th, so Wish me Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment