I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Summer Reading List

So most of you know I am an English grad student and I am excited that my semester is almost over. I just have a little less than a week and three papers standing in my way to freedom. In preparation (and to distract myself from the papers I have to write), I have created my Summer Reading List. It's definitely an ambitious list, including over 15 academic texts and classic novels, and seems to be growing everyday. Over the summer I plan to read:


  • Anna Karenina
  • Bertolt Brecht: A Literary Life
  • Bohemians
  • Brave New World
  • Comics and Language: Reimagining Critical Discourse on the Form
  • Fangasm
  • Interview With the Vampire
  • Jet Set: The People, the Planes, the Glamour, and the Romance in Aviation's Glory Years
  • Lolita
  • My Life in France
  • Out in Africa
  • Reading Joss Whedon
  • Reading Style: A Life in Sentences
  • The Fan Fiction Studies Reader
  • The French Lieutenant's Woman
  • Wonder Woman Unbound
  • The Hobbit
  • Les Miserables
  • The Uncensored Picture of Dorian Gray
  • The Hound of the D'Ubervilles

Plus to add to this, the library called me to pick up Insurgent, which I forgot I requested a few months ago. Now, I'm the type of person who can't walk out of a library with only one books, so I also picked up Beloved, Uglies, and A is for Alibi. And I know I will end up reading a lot of side novels, but will try my best to stick with this list.

I've already started reading Wonder Woman Unbound and My Life in France and I will be attempting to finish Les Miserables, The Hobbit, The Hound of the D'Ubervilles and Interview With the Vampire from when I started reading them before. Maybe that means I can actually finish this list, or at least most of it.

If I am not a total scatter brain I will try to keep you guys updated with how the list is faring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment